Rainbow Roots Salad
This delicious crunchy salad is incredibly grounding, made of three different root vegetables. Enjoy anytime as a healthful snack or serve alongside an entree as a crunchy slaw.
- 2 small beets, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 jicama, grated
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- raw sunflower seeds or sesame seeds to taste
- I use a food processor with a grating blade to make easy work of grating the roots.
- Put liquids and salt in a jar fitted with a lid and shake to mix.
- Pour dressing over grated vegetables and sprinkle with seeds.