Simple Kale Salad
Maybe the first time I ever had kale and liked it was in Boulder, CO. A gal made this salad and I was smitten. I always think fresh grated carrots taste better then the bagged variety, but you can make this salad quick and easy by picking up a bag of the Harvest Sensations Kale Salad which is cabbage, carrot, and kale ready to go! Feel free to substitute, or make, your dressing of choice. And carnivores, don’t be scared to add shredded chicken to make it a heartier meal.
- a large handful or two of grated carrots
- 1-2 bunches of kale, tough stems removed, chopped fine
- a large handful of shredded purple cabbage
- two avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup tamari almonds, chopped (sprouted or roasted/salted are fine too)
- Annie’s Organic Shitake Sesame Vinaigrette dressing
- Combine carrots, kale, and cabbage in a big bowl.
- Pour a generous serving of dressing over vegetables and massage the dressing into the kale with your hands.
- Let greens sit for about 10 minutes and then massage again.
- Add avocado and almonds. Toss and enjoy!