Susannah’s Kitchen Sink Soup
Sometimes I buy vegetables with such impunity, that (frequently) I end up with a fridge full of veggies that I can’t possibly make it through before they go bad. Other times, I need more real estate in my refrigerator and decide to consolidate…enter: my kitchen sink soup. The recipe below is what went into it tonight (delicious!), but you could add whatever you have on hand…sweet potato, quinoa, beans, meat, etc. This is YOUR moment to SHINE, Iron Chef. Get creative! Don’t be scared!
- 2 mason jars of homemade chicken stock (8 cups of broth of choice)
- handful of green beans snapped into bite size pieces
- one chopped tomato
- 1/2 can leftover diced tomatoes
- 1/2 leftover green pepper, diced fine
- bowl of leftover cooked brown rice
- torn leaves from five stems of kale
- random packet of instant miso soup mix
- leftover sliced mushrooms
- leftover carrot and celery sticks, diced fine
- a few shakes of garlic salt, cajun seasoning, and parsley
- several grinds of black pepper
- Pour the broth into the pot.
- Add whatever you have on hand.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer for a good long while…don’t rush it.
- Enjoy the warmth and nourishment.