Raw Zoodles with Perfect Vegan Pesto
Nothing beats pesto zoodles on a hot day! Ditch the traditional pasta for these nutrient dense beauties. Happy learned the recipe for this very special pesto while attending a raw culinary program at The Living Light School in Fort Bragg, California.
- organic zucchini (one per person), cut into noodles with a spiralizer, or our fave “zoodler“
- organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- toasted pine nuts
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flax oil
- 2 teaspoons light miso
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan crystal salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or hemp seeds
- Place all sauce ingredients, except nuts/seeds, in a food processor fitted with the “s” blade. Pulse to finely chop leaves.
- Add the pine nuts and process until desired consistency is acheived. Don’t over-process or the mixture will become too oily.
- Toss pesto with zoodles, cherry tomatoes, and pine nuts. ENJOY!